ZonCon Dayworker/Volunteer Form
If you would like to be added to the volunteer list for future ZonCon events, please read on.
Volunteers will be known as "Dayworkers". They are not to be confused with "Staff".
Dayworkers will not be given free membership, but will get special autograph privileges,
and be an integral part in the running and success of ZonCon.
Shifts will be rotated so that no-one will miss an entire day's program. Each shift is 4 hours,
and each dayworker is expected to work 1 shift.
Who should apply:
We are looking for people who are prompt, efficient, enthusiastic, and willing to follow
directions the first time they are given.   Good teamwork is essential. Each worker
is a vital part of the convention.
Fans who pay their hard-earned money to attend the convention are to be treated
with the utmost respect and consideration. All complaints and concerns of
attendees should be noted and dealt with in a courteous and timely manner.
- SECURITY - This department works under the direction of the security supervisor.
Duties include checking badges for various functions, guarding equipment and/or
merchandise. This department runs 24 hours.
- REGISTRATION/INFO - Responsibilities include registering members, and responding
to questions or giving directions.
- GAMING - Supervisors and assistants are needed, as well as registration personnel.
This department runs 12 hours in various shifts. Gaming activities might include Star Trek,
B5, and Xena:WP card games. Being familiar with these games is helpful.
- RUNNERS - These people must have a car in good working condition and be familiar
with the area, and be able to leave the con to procure supplies/items as needed.
- GENERAL ASSISTANCE - To help dealers and fan-clubs set-up and/or break down
tables, and to assist with short distance manual transport of goods/boxes.
If you agree with and can comply with the above, please fill out the form below.